Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Wonderful World We Live In


Now available from Amazon.com for only $58.99: Playmobil security checkpoint toy.

One reviewer's opinion:

I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger's scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said "that's the worst security ever!".

Believe it or not, this isn't a joke. (Or at least the website I found this on says it isn't. I didn't have time to actually check all of these out, but feel free and let me know.) Playmobil has a whole bunch of similar items, including the Playmobil Police Checkpoint, a SWAT Helicopter, a SWAT Police boat, a Radar patroller, a police station with a jail cell, and police headquarters, complete with an interrogation room. (You can buy an optional prison cell accessory). Don't forget the jewel thief kit!

6 comments:

Who Me? said...

Anonymous: You've been deleted. You should know better than that. Don't make me come out there and smack you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, who is using my name?

Anonymous said...

You're surprised by toys like this? Kids come up with similar things all by themselves. I know some children who after 9/11 took lego and built towers with planes and holes in them, and then next to it "later" - a pile of pieces. Maybe they figure if the reality might scare a child, that if you're going to travel with them, you might want to playact first!

Anonymous said...

C'mon, you can't delete Pinchas (or whoever it was, ok pin, you happy now?) without telling us what (s)he said!!! (Which is the point I guess...)

Who Me? said...

Sure I can! It's my blog!! :)

starfleetzz said...

Pretty nice toy if you sak me. It gives the kiddies a chance to see what it's like when all the grownups are complaining.