Monday, December 1, 2008

Call me crazy, but I just don't get it.

Teenage girls are NOTHING like teenage boys.

Yeah, I know, you're all rolling your eyes and laughing at me. It's okay, I'm used to it.

I had the opportunity to spend Shabbos with an inordinate number of teenage boys. They were fascinating, albeit a little scary. All different sizes, shapes and colors. I checked out their ties, their belts, their hairstyles. Even spoke to a few of them. They were all quite interesting.

But then they all turned insane. Motzei Shabbos and they decide to spend their evening jumping over chairs. First 3 groups of 2 chairs. Then 4 groups. Then only two sets of chairs, but spread further apart, with plastic tablecloths tied between them. Sure, there were mattresses on the floor for the sake of those who didn't quite make it. Lots of them didn't. One or two looked like they got hurt, but they all just got up and walked it off. One question kept going through my mind.

Why? Why on earth would ostensibly normal people do this?

12 comments:

pinnyf said...

Its a guy thing, we do crazy things that are fun even if we might get hurt, and usually we dont get to hurt anyway so its worth the risk to have fun and maybe some slight possibility we get hurt.

pinnyk said...

yea check out my videos on facebook theres one of me jumping over like 5 or 6 chairs. its fun. adreniline rush. plus its a way for some of us to show off :-)

aliza said...

i stand by what I've always said.

boys are stupid.

cute, maybe, but stupid nonetheless

Who Me? said...

Cute? Where did you get that from?

Anonymous said...

Cute is from me.

pinnyk said...

Just like not all boys are cute, not all boys are stupid. Think of it more as an occasional bout of stupidity and bad decision making. And ill take that over the mood swings etc of all girls any day

aliza said...

hey, not every girl has crazy mood swings. just like there might be guys out there that don't do stupid things

pinnyk said...

exactly my point :-)

Who Me? said...

Fine. I'll say it.

I'm a girl. I am the poster child for mood swings.

Which gives me the right to say that boys do some unbelievably dumb things!!!!

But there might be a few cute ones...maybe even posting on this blog!!

Who Me? said...

Sorry y2k, you've been deleted. (Never expected to have to delete one of yours!)

Sorry guys, gotta keep it squeaky clean!

Anonymous said...

It's kind of like who can shriek th loudest, but with more danger and adrenaline involved. Most of them grow out of it eventually. (But I don't think the cute ones who we love so much have quite done so yet.

Who Me? said...

Men...can't live with 'em...